Thursday, May 31, 2012

You may be thinking-45 recipes-really?  That's supposed to be impressive?  For a Family and Consumer Ed. Teacher to make 45 recipes during the 2 1/2 months she has off for summer vacation?....lame.  


I started to think the same thing until I started to map out the recipes onto my calendar for the next three months.  I was astonished with how quickly the dates filled up.  Basically I have new recipes planned for three to four days out of the week.  I figured in order to be economical (since that is what the "Ec" is all about in "Home Ec") I needed to plan in a couple days a week to eat left overs.  There also will be days where I'll be busy in the pool with Lacy and have to throw some chicken patties in the oven at the last minute.  Plus, if I"m lucky, Dan will take me out to eat a couple of times too ;)  


With that said, many of the days I have recipes scheduled for I will be making two recipes.  Some days I have an appetizer planned with a lighter meal.  Other days I have a little dessert planned to go with the meal.  I will do my best to take pictures of each recipe and include those with each blog entry about the success or failure (hopefully only successes!).


As you read through my blog, I hope you'll find some recipes that sound good and that you'd like to give a try.  Just ask for the recipes, all are coming from 3 great cookbooks (Betty Crocker, Better Homes and Gardens, and Taste of Homes), I'd love to share them!  You'll find that I am not trying to conquer terribly impressive recipes, but ones that I have yet to tackle.


In the end, I am hoping to gain more experience by putting my cooking skills and recipe reading to the test, along with adding some delicious recipes to my arsenal.

We have 3 1/2 days of school left, so I am planning on starting this adventure next Friday, June 8th.  My first recipe will be a breakfast dish.  My plan is to put it together Friday so I can bake it right away Saturday morning and enjoy with my hubby. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment