Monday, June 4, 2012

Here we go again!


Tonight I came home from work, watered the flowers, cooled off for a bit in the pool, and then got busy in the kitchen!  I made a Taco Meatball Ring along with homemade Mozzarella Sticks.  


The taco meatball ring was good, not great, but definitely something different.  While eating it Dan and I kept say, "It isn't bad....", but we didn't love it.  I don't know that I would make it again?  I would rate this recipe a 3.5.  Essentially the recipe had me mix hamburger (I used venison since Dan killed so many deer last fall-a lot of times we substitute venison for hamburger) with cheese, and taco seasoning.  After I baked the meatballs for 15 minutes, I wrapped them each in a crescent roll (see picture).  After baking this for an additional 15 minutes, we garnished with our favorite taco fixings.








The second recipe I made was homemade Mozzarella Sticks.  This recipe had me dip string cheese in flour, then in an egg mixture, followed by a bread crumb mixture.  I then had to repeat the egg and bread crumb mixture and bake.  Dan and I both enjoyed the mozzarella sticks.  I would give them a rating of 4 and I would definitely make them again.


No comments:

Post a Comment